TIME with ROSY CARRICK: Writer, performer, time traveller and doctor of Russian literature
If you could turn back time, where would you go and what would you do? Our guest this week, Rosy Carrick, is a legit time traveller. We discuss this and more, as we discover what lessons she’s learned from time travel. TIME is, after all, a hot topic for ambitious mothers.
For seven years (until Dec 2015), Rosy ran and compered Brighton’s Hammer & Tongue poetry events. She is the host of Glastonbury poetry stage and co-curator of the Port Eliot festival poetry stage.
Rosy has a PhD on the poetry of Vladimir Mayakovsky, and has released two books of his work in translation. Her debut play Passionate Machine (on tour this year) won Best New Play at Brighton Fringe 2018 and The Infallibles Award for Theatrical Excellence at Edinburgh Fringe 2018.
Rosy’s first poetry collection Chokey was published in June 2018 by Burning Eye Books. She is currently developing MuscleBound, a new film about bodybuilders, beefcake and BDSM.
Rosy got pregnant at the age of 18 (in her first year of University – woop!), and has always been a single parent. Her daughter Olive is now 17.
What we cover:
- How a Revolutionary Russian poet made Rosy’s time travel dreams a reality
- Why we all use time travel in our everyday lives
- Finding Me time
MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE:
- Chokey Poetry Book – Rosy Carrick
- I Know How She Does It: How Successful Women Make the Most of Their Time – Laura Vanderkam
* The above links are affiliate links which means, at no extra cost to you, SFM will make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.